Monday, July 26, 2010

Beacon--Letter to the Editor--July 25

Dear Editor:

I thought I'd respond to the anonymous (sic) commenter who thinks I'm blindly in love with Sarah Palin. Experience has shown me that the only happily married woman you should be in love with is your own wife. Since my name is not Todd Palin, I guess I'll just stay in love with my beautiful wife right here in little old Rio Vista.
I will say, however, I'd rather be blindly in love than in the blind rage that most PDS (Palin Derangement Syndrome) sufferers experience. Like most of those on the JournoList, they chorus the same regurgitated and choreographed malevolence that started on day one. "She's a quitter." As if she didn't have a right to protect her family from bankruptcy. If you'd really like to know how her financial failure was being orchestrated check out the links between Andree McLeod, Anchorage Daily News, the Perkins Coie law firm, the Democrat National Committee and the Obama Administration. Or maybe you don't think women should be the primary breadwinner in a family, is that it?
And what's with the"bad mother" motif? You left out the "Trig is not her baby" smear which is supposed to be chanted simultaneously. Her adult son enlisted in the Army and has served a tour in Iraq. Her adult daughter is living on her own, going to college and working. Her two youngest traveled with her on the book tour. Her middle daughter is still in high school and was quite capably cared for by her father while she was on tour. Maybe you think that men aren't capable of being "Mr. Mom"? How traditional. The shrinks would have a field day with that one. Maybe I can drag you kicking and screaming all the way into the twentieth century.
If there's a Jerry Springer wannabe in "elite journalism", I'd suggest you check out Ed Schultz, Keith Olberman, and Rachel Maddow. If you do, you'll double their viewing audience at MessNBC. Inquiring minds would also like to know, exactly what are "winkled noses"?
There is hope. Admit you have a problem. Seek professional help. Give up the hating. Just forget about that irrelevant, quitter, uneducated, bad mom, money making, folksy Momma Grizzly from Wasilly and go out and have yourself a really good day!
SINCERELY!
William L. Garvin
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment